Pages

Best Way to Live

Even though for many years denial kept me from the truth of how pathetic my life had become, somewhere in the depths of my being I cried out for help. Help is what I needed then. Help is what I need today. Part of the help I need comes in the form of the opportunity to be of service. So all the things I did and continue to do today, I really do for me,for my own recovery, to make my own life better.

I guess that's what makes AA wonderful. It operates on the principle of enlightened self interest. I'm doing the things I do for selfish reasons! The fact that it might benefit someone else is icing on the cake. I get a real kick out of seeing some shipwreck of a person turn their life around and sail proudly out of the AA harbor. This has to be the best possible way to live.